How unauthorized idiots repair laptops

Moderators: Ramon, Desiree, ramon.essers

Ramon

How unauthorized idiots repair laptops

Postby Ramon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Watch this video by a rather well-known repair shop. The thought process behind the fault finding is okay and worthwhile to watch.
Soldering however is considered "fit for improvement". Start to count from ±5:00min on and list the soldering mistakes/errors in your comments. Mishaps performed twice count as one single event.
Keep calm and focus on soldering
Anderson

Re: How unauthorized idiots repair laptops

Postby Anderson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:06 am

Hello I want to share my experience with laptop repair which still haunted me. Once my laptop Dell Vostro 650 was showing some problem in display as well as In typing. I have an emotional attachment to my laptop and I was totally scared and panic-stricken. My initial response to such situations would always make me look for instant solutions becuase I have some urgent work on that day. So I took my laptop to a Local service engineer and I was expecting that the service engineer there would unscrew the hinge mechanism to check the broken part in my display. But reality isn’t that sweet, is it? The service engineer looked at my laptop like a curious child would look at a new object given to it, lifting it up and down, bending to look at it from different angles and declared that the panel, hinge and bezel need to be replaced. Suddenly he took my laptop to a inside room and I was feeling more nervous that they might steal some parts from my laptop or replace them with old or faulty ones. After a few minutes, the service engineer returned with my laptop and told me that I would be emailed the quotation for the replacement parts and that once the parts were ordered and delivered, the laptop could be fixed in a few hours. With some solution visible, I returned home with my laptop. The lessons I learnt from this experience is that never go for repair to unknown or unprofessional or unauthorized person for laptop and Smart phones etc.
emnipetro

Postby emnipetro » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 am

whenever that issue occurs don't be worry about it just contact to your customer support. Here HP service provides the service related to it. SO you can contact hp customer support
James Barnhart

Postby James Barnhart » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:49 am

I also do agree with @Ramon that we must choose only the authorized services centers for any electronics products whether it is in warranty period or not.

Return to “Rework, Repair & Modification”