To address advancement in the electronics industry, two leading standards for the electronic assembly industry have been revised. IPC J-STD-001G, Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies is recognized worldwide as the sole industry-consensus standard for soldering processes and materials. IPC-A-610G, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies, is a post-assembly acceptance standard used to ensure electronic assemblies meet acceptance requirements for the electronics industry.
Purchase the Standards Now and CONTACT ETECH-trainingen
Being released today is the redline documents for the IPC-A-610G standard.
Purchase the Redline Documents Now:
Being released today is the training and certification material for the IPC-A-610G standard.
Purchase the Training/Certification Documents:
IPC Order Form for Training Materials (download .zip)
IPC-A-610G CIT to Train CIS Checklist
IPC-A-610G MIT to Train CIT Checklist
Need to know more before you buy the newly revised standards? Below you will find some of the significant changes made to the document for revision G.
Some significant changes to 610G:
- The Standard Remains a Visual Quality Acceptance Standard
- In the General Section – Significant Changes Were Made to Various Topics
- Various Updates to Acceptance and Defect Classes Throughout the Standard
- Through Hole Criteria is Updated
- Supported Holes – Solder Conditions – Meniscus in Solder
- Surface Mount Criteria Updated
- Chip Components – Various End Cap Terminations
- Butt/I Connections Completely Revised – New Figures and Tables
- Surface Mount Area Array – Underfill/Staking