Preventing Components and PCB from degradation.

Moderators: Ramon, Desiree, ramon.essers

James Barnhart

Preventing Components and PCB from degradation.

Postby James Barnhart » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:58 am

Conformal Coating is the way to prevent Components and PCB from degradation. The objective of conformal coating is to apply a protective layer to the printed circuit board and components to prevent degradation in electrical performance when subjected to environmental stresses encountered in specific operating conditions. Humidity is the most prevalent and also the most damaging environmental stress as it can drastically lower insulation resistance between conductors, accelerate high-voltage breakdown and corrode conductors. Conformal coatings also protect both the printed circuit board and components from airborne or solvent-borne contaminants.

Now the confusion arises here when I chose the correct masking material such Custom masking boots, Masking tapes, Masking dots etc. Here I request you to help me out in choosing the correct masking type.
James Barnhart

Re: Preventing Components and PCB from degradation.

Postby James Barnhart » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:51 am

Anyone here, who can help me out in choosing the correct between Custom masking boots, Masking tapes, Masking dots etc??? If anybody has any other idea to prevent Components and PCB from degradation then please share.

Return to “Conformal coating”