Cable and Wiring techniques
This training Cable and Wiring techniques provides an introduction to the wire harness manufacturing process.
The training Cable and Wiring techniques begins by explaining the basic functions of the wire harness. It clearly demonstrates the entire fabrication process, including:
- drawings and specification review;
- wire preparation (cutting, stripping and tinning);
- shaping the harness;
- wire termination processes (soldering and crimping);
- securing the harness;
- quality assurance standards;
- and safety considerations.
All the topics covered are backed by practical work; whilst quality and simple test procedures are also outlined. At the end of the course each student will have acquired the skills and knowledge to prepare cables for use in harness assemblies. This is a three (3) day course.
This hands-on training is designed for anyone working with cables and harnesses in all industry sectors. Participants will learn and practice the techniques necessary to meet the IPC criteria.
On site training
If you are looking at training several people and a way to reduce the time out of the office, travel and addition expense of sending people to a class, then On-Site Training may be for you.
ETECH Training offers all training course either at our Training Centers or On-Site at your facility. Please Contact our Business Support Team for details on student quantity and material discounts.
What you’ll learn
- Measure and cut wire/cables, strip, and tin wires.
- Assemble and solder terminals, crimp formed contacts (insulated and non-insulated), crimp stamped/machine contacts.
- Assemble BNC connectors to coaxial cable, RJ45 plugs, and ribbon cable.
- Bundle wires and cables using tie wraps, spot ties and continuous lacing
- Documentation and tutorials will be provided.
Standard duration of the training is 2 days
Validity of the Certificate
The certification term for all ETECH Training programs are 2 years. This is also according to ISO 9001:2015 paragraph 7.2.
The certification term begins on the date a candidate successfully completes all the program’s minimum certification requirements.
Certifications only reflect the expiration month and year. Certifications expire the last day of the expiration month, regardless of the day of the month the certification was granted.
Certification Renewal Period
All certification renewals may only occur within six calendar months prior to the expiration of an existing certification. When a Certificant renews their certification within 6 months of the certification expiration date, the renewed certification will be valid for an additional 2 years from the expiration date of their currently held certification.
If you would like to recertify there are two routes available for you:
- Recertification course
- Challenge Test (Exam only)