ESD Audit & ESD-measurement technology
ESD prevention measures have become a real “must” for everyone who comes in contact with electronics and electronic products. Each company has different processes, and thus will require a different combination of ESD prevention measures for an optimal ESD control program.
Very important is that the ESD prevention measures are regularly checked for their operation. In addition to daily measurements carrying out by employees themselves, such as testing the wristbands, ESD shoes, Heel Strips etc., there are also some other things that need to be checked periodically for example, the ESD floor, ESD Chairs, ESD packaging materials (incoming inspection or packaging of which the date has been expired!), ESD clothes etc.
During the training ESD measurements, we go deeper into these topics.
This training includes the practical part (measuring ESD prevention measures) which among other things an ESD coordinator needs to carry out.
During training ESD measurements in practice, we use the following equipment:
- METRISO® 2000 (Digital resistance meter)
- Temp and humidity meter METRISO® 2000
- Iteco Drylogger II humidity / temperature datalogger
- 2 Probes Model 850 according to IEC 61340-4-1 and IEC 61340-2-3
- 1 Handheld probe model 45 according to IEC 61340-4-5
- Resistance ring probe set model 880 in accordance with IEC 61340-2-3
- Clamping Measuring Probes for measuring ESD clothing according to IEC 61340-4-9
- Charge plate set (CPS-822) according to IEC 61340-5-1 resp. EOS/ESD S.3.1
- Hakko FG101B-20 Soldering Tester measures tip temperature, leak voltage, and tip-to-ground resistance.
All measurements are made and are based according to the following guidelines IEC: 61340-2-3, 61340-4-1, 61340-4-5 and IEC 61340-4-9.
This training is meant for everyone who is involved in the implementation and maintaining ESD audits and / or measurements of ESD prevention measures such as:
- Technical managers
- (Prospective) ESD Coordinators
- Everyone carries out measurements on ESD prevention measures
On site training
If you are looking at training several people and a way to reduce the time out of the office, travel and addition expense of sending people to a class, then On-Site Training may be for you.
ETECH Training offers all training course either at our Training Centers or On-Site at your facility. Please Contact our Business Support Team for details on student quantity and material discounts.
What you’ll learn
- Measuring ESD prevention measures
- Measuring skills
- Periodically checks like:
- ESD floor
- ESD Chairs
- ESD packaging materials
- ESD clothes etc.
- Walking-Test according to ANSI/ ESD STM 97.2. and IEC 61340-4-5
- How to setup a measuring report
Standard duration of the ESD Audit & ESD-measurement technology training is 1 day
Validity of the Certificate
The certification term for all ETECH Training programs are 2 years. This is also according to ISO 9001:2015 paragraph 7.2.
The certification term begins on the date a candidate successfully completes all the program’s minimum certification requirements.
Certifications only reflect the expiration month and year. Certifications expire the last day of the expiration month, regardless of the day of the month the certification was granted.
Certification Renewal Period
All certification renewals may only occur within six calendar months prior to the expiration of an existing certification. When a Certificant renews their certification within 6 months of the certification expiration date, the renewed certification will be valid for an additional 2 years from the expiration date of their currently held certification.
If you would like to recertify there are two routes available for you:
- Recertification course
- Challenge Test (Exam only)