IPC-A-610 Training & Certification
The IPC-A-610 Training & Certification is based on the IPC-A-610 Standard which describes the Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies.
The standard is a collection of visual quality acceptability requirements for electronic assemblies and is intended to be used for the inspection of items by visual (or AOI) means.
The IPC-A-610 training is aimed at anyone needing to understand whether a assembly is acceptable, such as:
- Assembly operators
- Quality assurance inspectors
- Quality Supervisors
- Inbound inspectors
- Assembly manufacturing supervisors
- Production Managers
- Sales engineers
- Account engineers
- Managers and Directors who wants to understand the impact of quality on their products and processes
- Anyone responsible for the quality and reliability of electronics assemblies.
The goal of the IPC-A-610 training is to improve an individual’s skill and ability to discriminate between acceptable and unacceptable electronics assemblies. Students don’t just learn when a assembly should be accepted or rejected, they learn the reason why.
During the IPC-A-610 Training and Certification Course, students will review the IPC-A-610 Standard paragraph-by-paragraph.
On site training
If you are looking at training several people and a way to reduce the time out of the office, travel and addition expense of sending people to a class, then On-Site Training may be for you.
ETECH Training offers all training course either at our Training Centers or On-Site at your facility. Please Contact our Business Support Team for details on student quantity and material discounts.
What you’ll learn
- Visual accept/reject criteria
- Purpose and application of IPC-A-610
- Hardware installation
- Soldering criteria, including lead free connections
- Soldered connection requirements for plated-through holes
- Solder fillet dimensional criteria for all major SMT component groups
- Component mounting criteria for DIPS, socket pins and card edge connectors
- Jumper wire assembly requirements
Standard duration of the training:
- Full Certification Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) 3 days
- Full Certification Certified Standard Expert (CSE) 4 days
- Full Certification Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) 4 days
- Recertification Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) 2 days
- Recertification Certified Standard Expert (CSE) 2 days
- Recertification Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) 2 days
- Challenge test CIS, CSE or CIT 0,5 day
Validity of the Certificate
The certification term for all IPC programs are 2 years. The certification term begins on the date a candidate successfully completes all the program’s minimum certification requirements.
Certifications only reflect the expiration month and year. Certifications expire the last day of the expiration month, regardless of the day of the month the certification was granted.
Certification Renewal Period
All certification renewals may only occur within six calendar months prior to the expiration of an existing certification. When a Certificant renews their certification within 6 months of the certification expiration date, the renewed certification will be valid for an additional 2 years from the expiration date of their currently held certification.
If you would like to recertify there are two routes available for you:
- Recertification course
- Challenge Test (Exam only)
What certification level do you want to achieve working in the electronics industry? IPC currently provides three levels of certification to the IPC Standards for individuals working in the electronics industry. Depending on your experience within the industry, you can become certified as a Certified Standards Expert (CSE), a Certified IPC Trainer (CIT), or as a Certified IPC Specialist (CIS).
Choosing the right level of certification for you is important.
IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)
CIS training and certification is appropriate for any individual that will benefit by having a consistent understanding of the criteria in a standard. Line operators, engineers, quality engineers will find this training and certification beneficial for their knowledge in the electronics industry.
IPC-A-610 Certified Standards Expert (CSE)
The Certified Standards Expert (CSE) is a subject matter professional with a high level of knowledge and understanding of a specific IPC standard or group of standards but doesn’t train students or teach IPC classes.
IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT)
Certified IPC Trainer Programs are intended for those who wish to become certified as instructors in different IPC specifications for the electronic assembly industry. CITs may be employees of companies that train only within their parent company.