IPC Designer Training & Certification
This professional development program provides objective evaluation of core competencies in PCB design, based upon industry standards rather than specifications of a single company. Courses enhance and assess technical knowledge: how to transform an electrical circuit description into a PCB design that can be manufactured, assembled and tested.
The IPC designer training is aimed at anyone needing to understand more about to builds a foundation in design decision-making and practical application of IPC standards, such as:
- all engineering staff
- managers with interest in design:
CID (Certified Interconnect Designer-Basic) is a valuable professional credentials recognized throughout the electronics industry. This technical education holds the most benefit for PCB designers with at least 2 years of hands-on experience.
On site training
If you are looking at training several people and a way to reduce the time out of the office, travel and addition expense of sending people to a class, then On-Site Training may be for you.
ETECH Training offers all training course either at our Training Centers or On-Site at your facility. Please Contact our Business Support Team for details on student quantity and material discounts.
What you’ll learn
- Design Considerations
- Thermal, Reliability and Testing Issues
- Physical Board Principles
- Component Types
- Component and Assembly Issues
- Board Surface Treatments
- Documentation and Dimensioning
- Schematic and Logic Diagrams
- Fabrication and Tolerancing Requirements
- Assembly Documentation & BOMs
Validity of the Certificate
IPC Designer programs do NOT require re-certification at this time.
CID sessions include:
- Independent study of course materials prior to session is expected – Allow three weeks before taking the course
- Two full days of classroom instruction led by an IPC-qualified instructor
- Half Day for the exam with 100+ multiple-choice questions — score of 73% or better required for Certified status
Designer Certification Registration Fee includes:
- All course materials, Shipped to student
- Course materials consists of:
- CID study guide
- IPC-2221 Generic Standard on Printed Board Design
- IPC – 2222 Sectional Standard for Rigid Organic Printed Boards
- IPC-T- 50 Terms and Definitions
- Two full days of classroom instruction, led by an IPC-qualified Instructor
- Exam session and individual consultation with Instructor
- Verification of Certified status — IPC maintains a list of all certified designers.
There is NO need to purchase any documents separately
Cancellations: for registrations will not be refunded once materials have shipped. Students may transfer to another session.
NOTE: Students who do not feel prepared to take the exam immediately after the classroom instruction may choose to test at a later date, but testing must be proctored at a training center.
Course session for your team
Course sessions may be customized to organization needs, but the minimum time required is two full days of classroom instruction plus one half day for the exam.