Keeping Pace with Electronic Technology Advancements
To address advancement in the electronics industry, two leading standards for the electronic assembly industry have been revised. IPC J-STD-001G, Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies is recognized worldwide as the sole industry-consensus standard for soldering processes and materials. IPC-A-610G, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies, is a post-assembly acceptance standard used to ensure electronic assemblies meet acceptance requirements for the electronics industry.
Purchase the Standards Now and CONTACT ETECH-training
Being released today are the redline documents for the two standards.
Purchase the Redline Documents Now:
Being released today are the training and certification materials for the two standards.
Purchase the Training/Certification Documents:
IPC Order Form for Training Materials (download .zip)
IPC-A-610G CIT to Train CIS Checklist
IPC-A-610G MIT to Train CIT Checklist
IPC-J-STD-001G CIT to Train CIS Checklist
IPC-J-STD-001G MIT to Train CIT Checklist
Need to know more before you buy the newly revised standards? Below you will find some of the significant changes made to each document for revision G.
Some significant changes to 610G:
- The Standard Remains a Visual Quality Acceptance Standard
- In the General Section – Significant Changes Were Made to Various Topics
- Various Updates to Acceptance and Defect Classes Throughout the Standard
- Through Hole Criteria is Updated
- Supported Holes – Solder Conditions – Meniscus in Solder
- Surface Mount Criteria Updated
- Chip Components – Various End Cap Terminations
- Butt/I Connections Completely Revised – New Figures and Tables
- Surface Mount Area Array – Underfill/Staking
Some Significant Changes to 001G:
- The “International Space Station Symbol” Replaces the “Space Shuttle Symbol” Throughout the Document
- In the General Section the Following Topics Were Update
- Scope and Purpose were Re-evaluated and Updated
- New Section on Objective
- Improved language for ease of readability and understanding Throughout the Document
- Added Applicable International and Mil Documents
- Wire and Cable Preparation
- Added New Figures and Requirements for Various Wire Configurations
- Added Criteria for various Surface Mount Components
- Provides a New Dimensional Table for Flat Unformed Leads
- Significant Changes Made to Product Assurance Section
If your business is in electronic assembly, you need IPC J-STD-001G and IPC-A-610G to keep pace with electronic technology advancements. For more information contact, order@IPCtraining.eu.